Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Quick Recap

What a busy past couple of days! I don’t have much time, so I’ll give a quick update in bullet points:

-My son’s birthday was yesterday, and we had his special day on Saturday. Hopefully I’ll be able to write about it tomorrow with all the pictures. Let’s just say it was a very busy day and he was extremely worn out by the end of it!

-I was in New York Sunday through last night for a work conference. I really don’t like doing things by myself, but I made myself go out and walk the streets each night and had a good time. I really only had time for Rockefeller Center and Times Square, but those two places alone were enough to wear me out! I was able to go to the American Girl store for the first time ever and had a blast! I can’t wait to take my daughter there! I got her a little doll and the first book about Kit, since there’s a movie coming out about her in July. I’m hoping my daughter loves the stories as much as I did!

-I passed my glucose test!!! My doctor left me a message for me to call her while I was in the conference. I had convinced myself that since the message didn’t say I was fine, that I wasn’t. So I was very surprised when she told me that everything was normal. Phew! What a relief!

-I’m starting to get busy at work…tons of stuff going on, especially since this is my last filing before I have the baby!!! Whoopeee! So I have to document some things and pay attention to how long it takes me to do things so that next quarter people will be able to help out and I’ll realistically know how much time I’ll be working at home.

I think that’s it for now…time to get to work!

6 comments:

Julie said...

congrats on passing your test!

Anonymous said...

So glad you passed the test!! I'm sure that's somewhat of a relief for you!!

Good luck with everything at work--don't get too stressed :)

Christy said...

Yeah you passed! Glad you had some good times in NY too.

Jill said...

Great news on the glucose test! Can't wait to see the birthday pictures.

Sherry said...

So glad you passed.
Happy Belated Birthday to your son.
Glad you got to see some of NY, you go girl.

Radioactive Tori said...

When my daughter was little, she got her hair cut "like Kit". My girls used to love those dolls!