Thursday, April 19, 2007

I Love Where I Live!

Hmmm, what to write about today? I don’t have any more clever little e-mails from hubby, but you can bet as soon as they come in I’ll pass them along :)

Remember how we moved a couple of months ago? I will write about how much we love our new city. For the past two nights we have hopped on the bike path and walked ourselves to different parks. Our city has a huge bike path that connects the city together…the city’s goal is to have you be able to hop on a bike pat and get from one end of the city to the other without having to cross any major roads. For instance, the developer that built our home (also my employer :) ) has to connect the bike path from the north side of our subdivision to the south, underneath the main road, before they are allowed to open up any more lots. M/I might not like it, but we citizens love it!

Anyway, so two nights ago we drove to the city building and played at that park for a while, and then we loaded the kids into the stroller and walked through the town to another park that’s attached to the county library. Surprisingly, no one was at either park, and the temp was like 57 degrees, not cold.

Then last night we walked from our house on the bike path to yet another park. This one is attached to a privately owned pool that you can get a membership to in the summer. I think there are a total of like 7 – 10 parks in our small little city, all with wonderful playground equipment. Most of the playgrounds have a jungle-gym type thing for big kids, and then another one for little kids…perfect for my two kids! Oh, and don’t forget the elementary school in my front yard and all the playground equipment there!

That’s about it…I haven’t been to the Y this week because of our walking/running to get to the parks. I do have to say that I’m really looking forward to this summer and going out every night and doing this…the last two nights have been so much fun!

3 comments:

Amy W said...

Sounds like a great place to live! We have a ton of parks in the area that are awesome as well. One more reason why we moved here.

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome. We have a ton of parks around here, but none that are within walking distance. Well, they are...if I wanted to load my daughter in the stroller and cross major roads. I'm moving to Ohio....oh wait...maybe not. You get snow, too :)

Kelly said...

Sounds great! Used to love playing in parks when I was a kid...