Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Kharma

I didn’t believe in it…until lunch time today (OK, I still don't but still). Our company is sponsoring Race for the Cure, so we’ve been doing these little fundraising things and one of them is that they’ve hired in a chef who makes us lunch once a week and for $6 we get a huge, all-you-can-eat buffet, drink and dessert. Today was one of those lunches. I heard the two people that I was going with come up behind me and say “let’s go,” so I picked up my purse to get my money out and all of a sudden the one girl went spaz on me…she said “Joanne’s in someone’s office, hurry, I don’t want her to see us and try to come with us.” I’m not kidding, as she said this she grabbed my money, shoved my wallet back into my purse, pulled me out of my chair and pushed me towards the door. Once we got to the little room where we wait for the elevator, she closed the door and turned the light off so that we were waiting in the dark. Although this might seem a little drastic, I had to agree, I didn’t feel like eating lunch with Joanne either…she’s the type that knows everything and makes you feel like crap if you don’t know something, besides the fact that she eats her chips and popcorn way too loudly. But still, was this all necessary?

So we arrive in the next building and get our food. The girl that “abused” me sat us down at a table that sat 6…gutsy I thought since there were only 3 of us, but whatever. So we sat down and saw 2 other people from internal audit come in and sat with us…leaving one chair…next to the girl that pushed me. Guess who came in for lunch next?

Kharma baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kharma. Pfft. That chick gets me every. freakin'. time!!

Unknown said...

Karma is a fickle beeyotch!