Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Good Easter Weekend!

Our Easter weekend was good…Saturday we went on the Easter Bunny Egg Hunt train ride…my daughter has been looking forward to this since we went last year, and my son was so excited to be going on a train! It was freezing, but luckily that kept a lot of people away! The train cars were heated, and we went outside for the egg hunt for about ½ hour, so it really wasn’t that bad.

Saturday night we went to dinner with my sisters, some of their friends and my mom. Then we headed to the store for some last minute basket items and dinner stuff. After that we went home, gave baths, and then went to work on the baskets and egg hunt. Let me just say that once again, we went totally overboard on the stuff. I really didn’t want the kids to have a ton of candy, so I made up for it by getting gifts. Nothing big…3 pairs of earrings for my daughter, a set of paint, a locket (she has been dying for one of these because I have one), and then my mom got her two Barbies and some clothes for them. My son got a ton of Thomas stuff…a huge Thomas pillow, a James car, a piece to his track set-up, a ball and some Thomas books. In the end they actually even got a ton of candy thanks to my mom :) She was in putting together all of our baskets. That’s right…my mom still gets us and hides our Easter baskets. She really is super sweet!

On Sunday we went to church with hubby’s family and then came back home and ate. It was a good day and we didn’t end up getting home until about 10:15 Sunday night. We quickly unpacked, fed the kids some food and headed to bed!

The best part of the weekend was when I was talking to my daughter and I asked her why we have Easter, and she said because Jesus died on the cross. Then I asked her what happened on Easter Sunday, and she said “He rose from the dead.” I was so proud of her…it just proves that they are listening, and they are soaking up everything that we tell them.

Oh, and my mother-in-law loved the pictures! It definitely made that whole ordeal totally worth it. I have to scan them in and then I will show all of you...they are really cute!

I hope you all had a great Easter as well!


Here are some of the pictures:


At the restaurant before the train ride



My daughter looking out the train window



My son really didn't like the conductor too much!





My son with my dad (they are seriously together at all times!)



My daughter giving the conductor her ticket


My daughter and me!



Painting last night...it was so good to just chill out at home!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the weekend was good. Sorry for the blowup with the sister :(

Your kids are adorable...your daughter is the spitting image of you!! Very smart, too!!

Amy W said...

Love the pics, and love your house!

I do the same, not so much candy, more gifts.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Your daughter looks JUST like you! Cute cute pics. Glad you guys had a great Easter!