Thursday, April 05, 2007

A Very Draining Birthday Present

My mother-in-law wants a picture of our family for her birthday.

Her birthday is Sunday.

I called this place to order reprints of our Christmas pictures.

This place only keeps pictures for 90 days.

It’s been over 90 days since we had them taken.

Last night we went in for new pictures.

My son HATES getting professional pictures taken.

After each shot she snapped he said “see it” (he always has to look at the picture after it’s taken at home).

One hour later that misery is over.

Two hours and $100 later we walk out with our new picture order which will be ready for pick-up on Friday.

The night was absolutely exhausting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy...you're much more accomodating than I. I'd have put everyone in nice clothes, sat in front of the fireplace and used the auto timer in my camera. Printed a nice size, framed it nice and pretty and wrapped it up :)

Post them when you get them....we wanna see :)

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Yep, you're a w-a-y better daughter-in-law than I would have been. Seriously. My mother-in-law (or any of my parents for that matter) would have gotten something I had taken at home.

Julie said...

No kidding - she better love them after you made a special trip. Were you pleased with the pictures?

Dani said...

That sucks.
I'm still trying to get (The uber-cute) picts of my son dressed as a pirate. They were taken at daycare, but my lovely husband forgot to give them the order form. I'm still trying to see if we can still get them or if we have to do it again.

Be happy you have inlaws that want pictures. Hope they look great!

Anonymous said...

"Be happy you have inlaws that want pictures."

I go with Dani

Kelly said...

haha..my nieces do the same thing with cameras. It's a must to show them the pictures after EACH and EVERY SINGLE picture you take! If you don't they throw a fit! Glad it's done and behind you...hope she likes and appreciates the picture!