Friday, June 09, 2006

I Really Do Have It All!

Happy Friday! TGIF!!!

I’m so glad it’s Friday…now I just have to get by today and then it’s time for the kids, relatives, and the sun!

Last night I had the opportunity to listen to my neighbor vent about his life. This is also the same neighbor that is building a house by our new house. Anyway, he talked about how much he hates his job, his kids stress him out, and there’s no communication with his wife. I just sat and listened (and it’s hard, because I agree with him about everything, his kids rule the house and he and his wife need to communicate more). But what can I say? I just listen, and then as time goes by more neighbors come out and talk (we have a great neighborhood, I’m really going to miss it!), and pretty soon it’s dark. Luckily, my neighbor seemed to relax a little, and hopefully he’ll have a better day today.

The hard part was the whole time that he was talking to me, I just kept thinking about how lucky I am to have the “perfect” life. I have the best husband in the world, my kids are such great kids, we both have jobs that we love, and we’re so happy! Don’t get me wrong, you can easily walk by our house some night and hear screaming through the closed windows (from both me and the kids!), but if there aren’t disagreements, then that means that someone in the relationship is not voicing their opinions, because no two people agree on EVERYTHING. And the kids definitely have their moments….last night my son, again, only wanted to be with me, so I’m trying to push my daughter on the swing while holding him at the same time, and he’s not light! But as a side note, it was really cute because my son watched me push her, and he decided that he was going to help push her too! So whenever she swung back, he put his little hand out and pushed her shoulder. It was too precious.

At the end of the night I realized that you really can have it all and still be miserable. My neighbor has a good amount of money, two beautiful little girls, and a wife that does everything for him….but he’s still so unhappy. You know why? God is no where in his life. His wife and kids go to church, but he doesn’t….he doesn’t “buy into the whole thing”. We’re working on him, but it’s like trying to move a boulder…just when you think you make progress, the rock rolls back. But we know that God is helping us, and that’s probably why they are actually moving 25 minutes away with us!

All in all, God showed me again last night how truly blessed I am, and for that I am very thankful.

No comments: