Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembrance...

Today my prayers are with everyone affected by September 11, 2001. I can't believe it was 8 years ago...I feel like it was just last year.

My daughter is supposed to wear red, white and blue today to school...I love that they are teaching our kids to have pride for their country. I'm sure we will look at our huge book of pictures from 9/11 (minus the bad ones) tonight with Josh...he was infatuated with them last year.

Today, and always, I'm proud to be an American.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Yes I am with you "Proud to be an American" and do reflect on that horrific day 8 yrs ago.
I am glad you are getting Josh in the loop of it, it's history, it's tragedy, it's real life actually, and showing him the book ( yes minus the bad ones) is good , he will take pride in his country just like you and the rest of your family do, and know why. The coming together of the country then was simple amazing to me. I so don't want anymore tragedies, but do want this country to remember, pray for the lost ones and their families and find that pride they had 8 yrs ago and show in today and every day of their life!!