Tuesday, September 01, 2009

A Memorable Weekend!

This past weekend started off kind of blah, but it ended with a bang :)

Friday I took a ½ day and went home at lunch. I played with Josh and Ryan, we ate lunch, and then John surprised us and came home for the day! He and Josh played Wii while I did some work around the house. Later that afternoon we went and picked Kylie up from school, and then we hung out outside.

We ate dinner and hung out with the neighbors and then a big thunderstorm came in and gave us some much needed rain. The kids went over to my parents’ to play trains, and John and I went down and played James Bond and The Price is Right on the Wii. My sister was coming to visit this weekend and got in around 11:00.

Saturday morning we tried to play outside but it was cold! For me anyway…I can’t believe we have fall temperatures and it’s still August! Anyway…then we headed to the baby shower of my sister’s good friend from high school, who also happens to be the daughter of John’s Dad’s boss when he was working – so basically she was known by all of us, and because of that, my sister, Kylie, my mom, my mother-in-law and I all went to the shower. After the shower I was beat. I was so worn out and I couldn’t figure out why. My sister and my mom ran to the store to get some stuff for dinner and they cooked up one heck of a feast! We head steak, sea bass, veggies, caprese salad, and other stuff I forget…it was great!

Aunt Suzie, Meredith and Kylie:
Aunt Suzie and Kylie:
Aunt Suzie and Ry-Ry:

Sunday was church and then a huge family brunch! We had pancakes, sausage, wonderful omelets and John made some great donuts by frying up some crescent rolls! My other sister and her *significant other* joined us…the table was full!

But the best news of the whole weekend was that my little sister got engaged!!! Big Josh took her down to Athens and they went in a hot air balloon ride and he asked her up there! I’m so excited for them and they were so happy yesterday! They’re hoping to have the wedding next August.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

OMG congrats to your sister and a hot air balloon ride and come back down to earth w/ an engagement ring. Girl I want to cry I am so happy for her, and I don't even know her!!! It's just so awesome!!!!! :)
Sound like you had the perfect weekend and I love the pics. Dang you have the best family and look at how beautiful you are on top of all that !!! :)

Anonymous said...

Huge congrats to your sister and Big Josh (that, by the way, cracks me up!!). What a fantastic way to get engaged.

I know I've said this before, but your family is beyond gorgeous!!