Monday, September 14, 2009

An Absolutely Beautiful Weekend!

This weekend was spent outside! It was one of the most perfect weekends weather-wise and I wanted to spend every second out enjoying it!

Kylie went home on the bus with a friend on Friday to spend the night. She was so excited because she never gets to ride a bus since the school is in our neighborhood. Since she went right from school, she didn’t have any of her sleepover stuff, so that evening Ryan and I set out on a walk to take it over to her (she lives in another section of our neighborhood). We had a great walk! First of all, it was gorgeous outside! Secondly, Ryan was having so much fun pointing at all the trees and saying “tee.” I had a lot of fun spending time with just him. And we got the whole night together because John and Josh went to the high school football game with some neighbors. After we got back to the house, we played, and then he was tired so I put him to bed, climbed into my own bed and watched Sleepless in Seattle, which has always been one of my favorite movies.

Saturday morning Ryan had me up at 7:30, which I was not too happy about, but I expected because we had started trying to get him to sleep through the night. So Friday night John got up when he cried and took care of him, but he was not fed (as he only wakes up to eat). So he was starved Saturday morning! But I can’t complain because the sun was shining and it was gorgeous! So Ryan, Joshie and I played while John did some work around the house. Then we had a pancake breakfast (including Ryan – I love that he’s eating real food now!) and then headed outside. We all went on a walk to pick up Kylie. Again, it was a gorgeous walk! Kylie wanted to have her friend come over to our house for a while, so we all turned right around and walked back.

When we got back, Ryan went down for a nap, Josh went out back to play football with a friend, and Kylie and her friend were playing. I plopped myself on the hammock and read. I think that was the most wonderful thing I have done in so long! The sun was shining, the temperature was perfect, and all of the kids were happily playing. I was completely relaxed!


A big thing happened on Saturday…Joshie learned to ride a two-wheeler! John took his training wheels off and Joshie did great! He is so much easier to teach than Kylie was because he is so laid back. If he starts to fall, he just puts his fee down and says “whoa.” Kylie always flipped out if she started to fall. I just can’t believe how much easier it is with Josh – nothing phases him! I think it’s probably because he gets hurt all the time, so he’s used to it :)




Saturday night was the big OSU vs. USC game. We had a totally unofficial, unorganized little party. John set the projector up in the garage and then had chairs set up outside. We had a neighbor and his friend and their kids over and we got pizza, and then later another set of neighbors came over. The kids all had so much fun playing together, and Ryan had his first “date.” We called it a "date" because she got into the jeep in the passenger seat and said "put Ry-Ry here" and was pointing to the driver's seat. So we put them both in there and the played with all the buttons together. This little girl is 2 and has so much fun taking care of Ryan…she breaks up his food for him and is always holding his paci for him.

Unfortunately the game had a bad ending, but at least we all had a ton of fun watching it!

Sunday was church and then the rest of the day outside. Again, the weather was gorgeous and the kids played with the neighbors all day. John put Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the projector in the garage (Joshie’s new favorite obsession) and the kids loved it!

And the weekend ended on a perfect note as well…Kylie and I headed out to the hammock after her bath with our books. I brought a pillow and a blanket, and we snuggled up and read together. I love that she can read now and that we can spend time together reading our own books. We spend about 45 minutes out there and it was absolute heaven!

No comments: