Friday, September 25, 2009

God Let Me Get Some Sleep...

The past couple of nights have not been very fun. Two nights ago we were awake more than we were asleep. My adorable little man was the culprit and John and I were at our wits end! Nothing we did made him comfortable enough to sleep…and we tried everything! At one time I think his whole mouth was numb because he kept sucking on the baby Orajel I was putting on his gums.

But thankfully, last night he decided to sleep. I got home from a fabulous dinner out with some friends, and Ryan was still awake and playing with John. He hadn’t eaten much all night, and hadn’t slept much during the day. I snuggled with him and fed him, and then we tried to get him to eat more…first a bottle with formula, and then a sippy cup with warm milk, and then a sippy cup with ice water…he wanted no part of any of that. Then I took him up and laid him down and he screamed. We had given him Motrin, so we were out of options. Thankfully, he only screamed for about 10 minutes and then he was asleep.

When my alarm went off this morning, the first thing I thought was “thank you God he didn’t get up at all last night and I actually got some sleep!” And then I promptly pushed “snooze” and went back to sleep. Thankfully he stayed asleep the whole time I was getting ready and getting Kylie ready for picture day at school.

What I’m really worried about with him is that I’m in for an adventure this weekend…John is going to the Tennessee/OU game down in Tennessee so not only will I have all three kids by myself and Ryan potentially not sleeping, but I’m also watching my two year-old niece while her parents go down to the game as well. If Ryan sleeps well, this weekend will be a piece of cake! If he doesn’t? Thankfully my mom will be around and can watch the kids while I grab a quick nap!

3 comments:

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Even though I live in Tennessee, I HATE the Vols. Go Bobcats!!!!!!

Sherry said...

Oh girl you are in for it this weekend :) Awwwwwww just kidding, no worries all will be fine and seems like motrin helps Ryan with his teething, so he will be back to his amazing self.
Your niece will have tons of fun and well it will all work.
But on the slight note it doesn't, thank goodness for mom's, cause yeah we "rock" :)
Glad you did get some sleep last night.

Anonymous said...

I told ya...booze, Benadryl and Motrin. In that order ;)

Sending sleep vibes to your boy so you can have a fantastic weekend with the kids!