Friday, February 15, 2008

Wii Had a Great Valentine's Day!

Our Valentine’s Day turned out to be really cool! I came home to pick hubby up so that we could go to my daughter’s gymnastics class, which is where we were meeting my mom. He told me to read my Valentine’s Day card first…it was a cute card and he wrote some more that went along with it, and then on the back, he wrote that he got a Wii!!!

So we headed to my daughter’s gymnastics, gave the kids tons of hugs and kisses because we missed them so much, and then brought them home to show them their new toy!!! Both of them knew what it was as soon as they saw it! My son kept saying “we got a Wii Wii.”

We headed back out for a great dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant, and then we went to the store and got three more controllers, the gun with the shooting game for my son (he calls it shoot ‘em up) and another game.

We came home and got it all set up and played games until 11:00! I think this is really going to be a great thing for us! It’s amazing how we were playing (the carnival games) and even my 2 ½ year-old son was playing and doing well all by himself! They have so much fun with it!

And hearing my son go through the store saying “we got a Wii Wii” is just hilarious!!!

12 comments:

Jill said...

we used to play duck hunt on the nintendo every once in a while ( i wasn't allowed much time with it) and i can still hear that stupid dog laughing at me for missing. somehow i think the technology is probably better today! cause i swear i got them every time!

Anonymous said...

"We got a Wii Wii"--HAHAHA!! Love it!!

Glad the kids are back...have a great weekend :)

3XMom said...

yayy -- have a fun time!

Julie said...

I still think i'm the only person in the world who has never played a Wii, let alone owns one.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

No Julie, you're not. I've never played one either!

Sounds like the perfect night for you guys!

Sherry said...

Oh perfect and oh yeah the Wii is perfect for every member of the family!!! Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii a wii, great, the kids back home, the perfect hubby and now a wii, woman what more could you ask for???

Edie said...

I'm laughing at the "We got a Wii Wii" :)

Too cute!

RubiaLala said...

Ha - "Wii Wii" - that is awesome.

We have a "Wii Wii" also, they are so much fun.

WarioWare is a great game, it is so silly and fairly easy for kids to grasp.

ChrisB said...

Wii are so much fun. I have only played on the one my grandchildren have and of course they are way better at it than me!

Kelly said...

YOU will have many nights like that...the Wii is ADDICTING!! ENJOY and HAVE FUN!

Anonymous said...

The more I'm hearing about this Wii, the more I'm dying to try it out... and I'm soo not a gamer!! But my, it sounds just so very cool!

Glad you had such a great Valentine's Day!!!

Anonymous said...

I want one of these so bad, but can't convince my husband it is worth it. i've never even played it, but hearing all the bloggers gushing has made me a little bit green. maybe someday...