Monday, February 04, 2008

What a Weekend...

This weekend hubby was away on a “guy” weekend so it was just the kids and I. I was really, really looking forward to spending time with them and doing some fun things as well as just hanging out at home.

Unfortunately that is not what happened because I got hit with some bug that landed me in my bed almost the entire weekend. I have seriously never felt so helpless and lonely as I did this weekend. The kids desperately wanted me to play with them, but my head and body hurt so badly I could hardly move. My parents were busy and couldn’t come up (although I’m sure if I flat out asked them to come and get the kids they would have, but I know they were super busy grading exams, so I didn’t). I totally empathize with stay-at-home moms when they get sick…there’s no one to help you! Normally if I’m sick the kids still go to the sitter’s and I stay home and get better. Or if it’s a weekend, hubby’s there to take care of the kids. But not this time.

Saturday I played with them as much as I could - we played house, and painted and played with play-doh, and then after naps we had to run to the grocery store as we were out of essentials, and then we got some Chinese food for dinner. Sunday when I woke up I couldn’t move. I seriously couldn’t get out of bed. Getting the kids breakfast took every ounce of energy I had. Thankfully my sister-in-law just happened to call and when she heard I was sick they came over and got the kids. They were supposed to take both of them, but at the last minute my son started crying and saying he wanted to stay with me, so he and I went up to my bed and watched TV and took a nap while my daughter went with her cousin to Chuck E. Cheese’s. Hubby came home around 3:00 and took over, thankfully.

As I read this it doesn’t even make a lot of sense…sorry. It’s taking everything I have to sit here at my desk today. I really shouldn’t be here, but as I said over and over again, I’m slammed, and we have to send our first draft out this Friday and it’s no where near ready.

So please think of me, and say a little prayer that I feel better, because right now I think getting hit by a car would feel better than I feel right now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. Do I ever feel your pain. I was sick a couple months ago and had to cave and call Jimmy's sister to stay with Morgan. Being vertical and moving made me feel like I was dying. I don't know what's harder when you're sick--feeling so awful or knowing your kid(s)) want you to be with them and you just can't do it.

Maybe you can work for a little while today and head home a bit early to get some rest?

Hang in there, girly :)

Radioactive Tori said...

I hope you feel better quick! It IS hard when you are alone with the kids and sick! I think you should go home early and take a nap if you can!

Edie said...

Ewww... yuck! I hope you get to feeling better soon. :(

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Yuck! I hope you are feeling better soon.

Sherry said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh your post made me said. I even said "ohhhhh" out loud wishing I was closer so I could have helped you out over the weekend.
It's so hard being sick and whatever this bug is, wow it hits hard huh?
You should not be working!!!! Flat out, deadline or no deadline. Your health has to come first. So do what you can today, then leave early, get some rest and lots of TLC from your family.
Take care of yourself I don't want you getting any sicker!!!
See the way I am?? I mother all I care about, and that includes you!!

Amy W said...

Yea, I wish I lived closer, I would have totally helped out!!

Jill said...

Sorry to hear you were not feeling well. Bummer. I hope you're on the mend....take care!

Kelly said...

That totally sucks!! I hope you are feeling better soon!! Anyway you Can you work from home? I mean if your that sick don't go into to work!! You need ot get better...your body is trying to tell you something..listen to it!! I hope you are truly feeling better today! Good luck on meeting your deadline!