Tuesday, September 26, 2006

We Have a Showing Tonight!!!

Last night I spent about 1 ½ hours in the kitchen! And I wasn’t even cooking anything difficult! I was making ribs for the adults in the house (me, hubby and my sis) and veggies and macaroni for the little ones. My veggies turned out fabulous! Broccoli, red pepper, baby corn and zucchini all sautéed together. So I mixed that mixture with the pasta for the kids…they weren’t that impressed, but we all thought it tasted great! Then I burnt the first set of ribs (on the grill), so bring out the next set and hubby cooked those for me perfectly! All in all, we sat down to eat at 7:30 and I had gotten home and started dinner around 6:00. Oh well, at least it all tasted good and hubby cleaned up!

The rest of the night we played…my daughter loves to play “office”, so she had all of her pens and paper out on the kitchen table and we were a pizza shop taking pizza orders. My son walked up and took the play phone away from me and put it up to his ear and kept saying “ello”. We called him “the pizza man”, and we kept yelling for the pizza man to bring us back our phone! We had a good time. Then I literally ran around the house with my daughter on my back, and then it was up to my room to watch Studio 60 while my daughter stayed down with hubby to watch football. They make cheesy bread to eat while they watch it and they have a great little bonding time while watching football.

We have a showing tonight!!! The realtor’s office just called, and it’s from 5:30 – 6:30 tonight…do you know what that means? No lunch hour for me so that hubby and I can leave work at 4:00 to go home and clean up! Luckily we are pretty neat people, so all we really need to do is pick up the toys in the basement, make beds (I never do that in the morning – what’s the point? You’re just going to mess them up again at night), and put the dishes in the dishwasher. No too bad, but I don’t really trust my husband to do all that without me…he’s lucky, he’s a partner at his technology firm, so he gets to leave whenever he wants, no big deal. I do too for the most part, but my boss isn’t here today, it’s just the admin, and she’s a pain in the butt about PTO and stuff like that. And I already wasted 3 hours of PTO earlier this year when we had a showing that could not be re-scheduled and the people looking at it already knew they didn’t want a two-story house (that’s ours!) and ended up buying our neighbor’s house. I’m still very bitter because our realtor knew that story, and if he would have told me that I would not have wasted 3 hours of PTO cleaning the house for people that were not going to buy it.

On a brighter note, I also have my moms’ dinner out tonight…Mexican! I can’t wait! I know I just saw most of these women for two days straight this past weekend, but it will still be a lot of fun, assuming I make it there!

No comments: