Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Silence Is Gone

I sit at the end of a row of cubes. When I started, I had the whole row to myself, so it was quiet and great! Then we started hiring more people, and eventually there was someone next to me. She is from Indonesia and this is her first job. She's annoying to all of us. We bring in breakfast every Friday (we each take turns) and she brought us in fish-head soup. She eats fish everyday for lunch...I hate fish, and I really hate the smell of fish, so every day at lunch I'm so disgusted with the smell that I end up leaving when I wanted to stay in and eat the lunch that I had brought. Anyway, I digress. She went back home to visit her family for two weeks. Then the U.S. wouldn't let her back in for another two or three days, so she's been gone for about 2 1/2 weeks and it has been so quiet and nice. However, that quiet time has ended...she's back.

I'll be alright as long as she doesn't have fish for lunch today.

No comments: