Thursday, September 28, 2006

Not Exactly What I Had Planned...

Well, Tuesday night did not go exactly as planned. We got the house ready for the showing and left to go and pick up the kids from the sitter’s. We then went over to the post office to mail something that had to go out that night, so we had to go to the downtown one. It was about 6:40 and hubby was going to take me straight to the restaurant to meet my friends for dinner, and then I was going to get a ride home with one of them. However, on the way back to our suburb, we saw a car on the side of the road with steam pouring out of the hood and a guy that looked completely lost. We couldn’t stop in time to get him, so we went down to the next exit and turned around, got off at the next exit and turned around again. We pulled in front of him and hubby went out to talk to him. It turns out the guy was on his way back to work, so we gave him a ride to the gas station that he worked. We then offered to do anything else for him that he needed. He didn’t know of any tow trucks (he has been in the U.S. for 6 years and has never had car troubles), so we used my sister’s AAA to have him towed. I got the kids back home to feed them while hubby and my sis went to deal with the towing around 8:00…dinner started at 7:00. So I just fed the kids miscellaneous stuff and gave them baths and got them ready for bed. Then hubby came home and we ran to Wendy’s to get our dinner. The guy asked hubby if he went to church, and of course he said “yes”, so he asked him where, and he told him. Maybe we’ll see him there! I’m not holding my breath, but I’m glad that we were able to help him…I know what it’s like to really need someone to go out of there way to help you.

Last night I was good and picked the kids up and went over to the YMCA to work out. After that, we went and picked up hubby to go and look at the new house. We grabbed Chipotle because we were planning on having a picnic at one of the many playgrounds in our new city, but it got too dark because it was going to rain. Anyway, the house is looking great…I love the brick color! And they put a neat design with glass block and regular window in our basement windows. It’s coming along nicely…now if our current house would just sell! The poor kids were starving by the time we got back home…so I kept feeding them chips in the car, and when we finally got back home they devoured their quesadilla!

Tonight I plan on working out again, and then playing with the kids and having them in bed by 9:00 so that I can watch Grey’s Anatomy!

No comments: