Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Weekend Recap...

Last weekend was another fun one!
Friday night was another hodge-podge of a night (so sick of these things).  It took us FOREVER to decide on what we were doing for dinner.  Finally, around 7:10, I decided that I would pick up pizza when I went and got Kylie from gymnastics.  So I ordered it and John and I took Colton to pick it up and get Kylie, while the other two boys stayed with my dad.
When I got to the gym, Kylie begged and begged to stay for open gym.  As tired as I was, and with the thought of staying up and coming out in the cold to pick her up at 10:00 killing me, I agreed – because her friend was staying and she was so sweet about it.
So we took the pizza and went home.  I was cutting Colton’s pizza up when I get a call from the gym:  “Kylie says she’s really tired and wants to come home.”  Are you kidding me???  I was so mad, but I knew I had to go and pick her up because if John went, I wasn’t sure if she’d make it back alive.
The minute I walked in the gym’s doors she was apologizing.  In the car, I did raise my voice and get angry with her.  She said she was tired and homesick.  See, this has been a semi-recurring problem with her…she will be spending the night at someone’s house, and I’ll get a call from her as we’re going to bed that she wants to come home because she’s “homesick.”  There’s no consistent pattern, I have no idea what’s going on, but at 9 ½ years-old, she needs to cut it out.  I told her when she goes away to camp, or goes away for the weekend, then she can be homesick…but not when she’s at a freaking gymnastics practice!  I made her pay me back the open gym fee I had paid and she wasn’t allowed to spend the night at my parents’ house.
Saturday morning was spent doing the normal Saturday chores around the house.  It was cold and rainy, so the boys’ football practices were cancelled.  John and I went on a run right before we had to go and get Kylie.  I’m attempting to train for the Turkey Trot (lots of family pressure – no one cares that I HATE RUNNING).  We were out a total of 4 miles, and I “jogged” (if you can even call it that) for about 3 ¼ miles of that.  John then went and got Kylie, and everyone except Colton got ready for a night of fun!
Colton stayed with my parents as the rest of us headed over to Easton for dinner and a movie.  We had dinner at a burger place (everyone cleaned their plates!) and then went to the cool movie theater.  We had popcorn and pop and lots of candy :)  We saw Hotel Transylvania and loved it!  I can’t wait for it to come out on DVD – it was such a cute movie!  And Ryan ate so much junk food while there – it’s a wonder he wasn’t sick that night!
Sunday morning John took Josh and Ryan to church while Kylie, Colton and I stayed back.  Our normal pastor was not preaching, and I thought my time was better spent getting the million things done that I had to do before the football games.  We went to the grocery store (Kylie did all the list-stuff with her synced version of Grocery-IQ) and then I came home and got a pot roast in the oven and Colton took a nap.
Then we loaded up the car with coats and hats and gloves and blankets and headed to the football games.  It was so cold!  I had gotten hot chocolate beforehand (crazy Kylie got a Frosty), and the hot chocolate was already cold by the time I sat down.  Ryan’s game was fun (cold, but fun) and he had some great catches and a flag pull.
Joshie’s game?  That’s a different story!  It had become so unbearable, but thankfully his field was such that we could pull the car by it and the little ones could play in the car and watch a movie while I stood outside and watched the game.  John’s parents had come to the game as well, and his dad sat outside on the sidelines while his mom hung out in the car with the little ones.
When the games were over, we headed home and just relaxed for a little bit.  When my parents got there, we had a big pot roast dinner that really hit the spot on that cold day.  Then we embarked on the normal Sunday evening activities of picking up and getting ready for the week ahead.

No comments: