Friday, January 04, 2008

Christmas Break Wrap-Up

Here are some pictures…I realized that I didn’t take very many! I guess it’s OK to be so caught up in the moment that I forget to take pictures, right?






Here is my sister-in-law getting her laptop. From left to right it's hubby's sister, me, hubby's other sister and hubby.

Here's hubby's whole family:

So the week after Christmas my sister from Michigan stayed with us which was so wonderful! The day after Christmas I was able to take a 3 hour nap because she watched the kids for me! We really just hung around the house and played each day. One day she took my daughter out for some one-on-one time which was so special! She was going to take her to get a manicure and pedicure, but on the way there my daughter asked if they could go to Chuck E Cheese’s instead :) They had so much fun!

It was definitely a very relaxing time for us! Saturday night we had family dinner and we all went out to a Chinese restaurant. My dad got his PhD from Penn State, so they bought the kids these outfits which they wore to dinner and then while we watched the game.


New Year’s eve I took the kids to the mall to play and then we met hubby for lunch and then home for some naps (for all of us!). Then we went to the zoo and saw all the Christmas lights with our good friends and then headed over to their house to watch the ball drop. The kids had a blast because our good friends have their family in and that means two more little girls my daughter’s age to play with!

So now it’s back to true reality…I’ll probably be working tomorrow and I’ll definitely be putting some hard time in the next couple of months. But it will be OK, because I’m looking at the bright side…when I resurface to the social world again, it will be spring!

OK, that’s actually kind of depressing.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the family photo!! Your kids are so cute, I can't stand it!!

I'm glad you got some true downtime over Christmas--sounds like you will be needing it :)

Sherry said...

You have it all going for you isn't that fantastic?? Beautiful family and extended family as well.
Sounds like your entire vacation was just one huge family fun time, oh the memories huh?
Love all the pictures and your kids, love their new outfits and the looks on their faces, PRICELESS!!!!
Don't work too hard okay???

Michele_3 said...

Great pictures!
Beautiful family too!
Don't work too hard & please don't stay away from blogging girlie, i just got back!
:)

ChrisB said...

I so enjoyed seeing your photos especially the family one.

Julie said...

Sounds like you had a nice holiday. Back to reality sucks doesn't it?! : )

Mommyca said...

you have very cute kids!! And I got cought up in the moment too, thought I took more pictures then what I really did.

Edie said...

LOVE the pictures. Your children are adorable!! :) They really seem to have had a nice Christmas!!

Christy said...

You got some fantastic photos! Over the holidays I didn't take many either, sometimes I just want to watch things happen normally instead of from behind a lens.

Good luck with work!

Katie Swaner said...

I love seeing the pictures. Looks like you had a great vacation from work like I did. I'm still behind on my blog reading though as you can see :)