Wednesday, August 03, 2011

I've Been Busy!!!

Wow, what a busy couple of weeks!!!

Two big things have been going on: one, it’s my super busy time at work, and on top of that, there was a new requirement that I had to comply with this quarter, so I’ve been so busy with all of that. Two, our church decided to have VBS for the first time this year, and John and I are in charge of it, and we just started planning it 5 weeks ago! So to say that life has been crazy would be an understatement :)

Sunday was my birthday, and I started it off by unexpectedly working the nursery because none of our workers showed up at church. None of the baby teachers and none of our preschool teachers. So John and I had to watch all the kids together. After that we had a big VBS meeting with all of our volunteers.

After that we headed home and got out the big waterslide. I laid on my raft and floated in the water for a while and then sat in the sun and read my 10-Q a little bit. The day was gorgeous and I had a lot of fun hanging out with the kids and the neighbors. After a day in the sun, we headed to a nearby restaurant called Thai Orchid and had an absolutely wonderful dinner! Cindy and Josh went with us, along with my parents. After that we went home and I ate the cake I ordered for myself (almond cake with chocolate ganache filling and fresh strawberries and chocolate buttercream icing), and opened presents. I got so many wonderful things! My parents gave me an ice cream maker, John’s parents gave me an amazon gift card and a very cool OU jacket-thing, John’s sister gave me a gift card to William Sonoma, my neighbor gave me a gift card to a local spa, and my sisters got me my very first Coach purse (which I LOVE!). John has told me that my present from him is a double-glider or two single gliders for the front porch so that Front Porch Mondays can resume in full force! And the kids (Kylie’s idea) got me two plants for the front flower beds that have had a huge empty spot since the original one died years ago. John, the kids and my dad planted them for me on Sunday and they look beautiful! It truly was a wonderful day!

This week has started VBS, so our days and evenings are crazy! I finally filed my 10-Q yesterday, so at least my days are not as stressful as Monday and Tuesday were. I leave every day at 3:00, head home, feed Colton, John and I pack everyone up, and try to leave the house by 4:15. We head to Sports Ohio, which is where VBS is, eat the dinner that we picked up on the way, and John and I get to work making sure everything is ready for the kiddos! John and I lead the singing and welcome the kids, then there is a skit (which has been hilarious the past couple of nights), more singing, and then the kids head off to their stations. We have games, snack, and lesson, and I teach the little kids during lesson. After that, John and I lead some more songs, there is a Jeopardy game, and then we sing to close out. The official time for VBS is from 6:00 – 8:00, and then we clean up after that.

So needless to say, we are exhausted right now, and it’s only Wednesday! But it has all been worth it! The kids seem to be having a blast and I know we are all having a ton of fun. We had 35 kids pre-registered, and have ended up having around 50 show up the first couple of nights, so for the size of our church, I think that is amazing! Watching all of this come together over the past 5 weeks has been yet another example of how amazing God is. We were stuck for a while on a location…we had planned on having it outside where we normally meet for church, but they had something else going on, and for the longest time, we just couldn’t find a place. We were so blessed that Sports Ohio was open and willing to work with us, and God’s hand in all of this was shown when there was a massive thunderstorm with hail on Monday night. There’s no way we could have been outside during that! So God is good and always watching out for us!

I really hope the rest of the week goes as well as the first couple of nights went…I know that I will be having a ton of fun!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Oh my gosh girl how on earth do you keep up? you are always so busy but a "fun busy" Sounds like your b'day was extra special, as it should be and lots of wonderful gifts. I love the glider and your Monday night porch time the best, Sitting there looking at your new plants w/ your hubby all quiet PERFECT. You are amazing in all you do and look your children are just the same!!!!