Wednesday, August 06, 2008

A Wedding Weekend

Two weeks ago we had two weddings in two days. I had one cousin get married about 2 hours away, and then another one get married the next day close by. One was on Friday night and one was on Saturday. One cousin was on my mom’s side of the family and the other cousin was on my dad’s side of the family.

Friday after work we headed out for the drive with a full car (my sister and her boyfriend rode with us). After numerous times asking “are we there yet” and filling up on fruit chews, we finally got there. We didn’t make it in time for the ceremony, but pulled in just in time for the reception.

I had a lot of fun seeing cousins that I hadn’t seen since my wedding! These little girls that were my flower girls are now 15 and 11!!! My daughter loved talking to the bride and playing with my cousins. Hubby and my sisters loved the open bar. I loved the two diet cokes I had :) We drove home afterwards and got home around 2:00 in the morning.

The next day we woke up and ran some errands and then got ready for the next wedding. This wedding was cool because the reception was going to be very laid back and down in the hills at my uncle’s cabin. He got us a cabin for the night as well, so we packed up our stuff and headed to the ceremony. It was beautiful!

Afterwards we headed down to the hills and checked into our cabin. It was so cute! We changed because this was going to be a casual reception, and then headed over. They had a huge tent and it was decorated so beautifully! The wedding party all stayed dressed up, but everyone else was wearing anything from sundresses to shorts. The food was delicious and I had a great time talking to cousins I hadn’t seen in a while, as well as my sisters.

Once it got dark it was time to dance! My aunt took my kids out on the floor and got them started. This little boy (who was absolutely adorable) kept trying to dance with my daughter and she would run away! Hubby kept cheering her on and I tried to get her to dance with him. Meanwhile, my son was putting the moves on a little girl himself :)

Sunday we woke up and took the kids to the pond that was by the cabin for some fishing. We had bought them polls a while ago, but had never taken them. My son had fun for about 2 minutes, but my daughter enjoyed it the whole time! Hubby really had a lot of fun teaching her how to do everything…but since we didn’t have any real worms they didn’t catch anything.

We headed home after that in time for church and to regroup before another week started.

Here are some pictures from the weekend:




My sister teaching my daughter a dance:

My son picking up girls at the young age of three:

Hubby, my cousin's wife (not the one that got married), me and my daughter:

My sister's boyfriend, hubby and me (I'm getting so freaking huge!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How busy were YOU?! Wow. Both weddings sound great. Love the pictures--you're not huge. You're cute!! You look great. Seriously.

Julie said...

Sounds like a busy but fun weekend! It's always fun to catch up with family you haven't seen in a while.

Daddy Dan said...

Your sons a lady's man already?!?

I thought little boys were supposed to hate girls until they made it to middle school. I hope he didn't catch any cooties!

Jill said...

Leave it to the boys to put the moves on girls! ha! You look great. I can't believe only 57 days to go... less than 2 months. Seems like it's flown by but people said that when I was pregnant and I thought the time just dragged.

Radioactive Tori said...

That sounds wonderful and fun! You look amazing! I love when you share pictures.

Christy said...

You look amazing!!!! And of course your kids are just the cutest! I can't wait to see the new one too :)

Sherry said...

All great pics and looks like everyone had a great time at the weddingS!!!!
You are not huge at all!!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Girl! You are not huge! You look really good!