Saturday, December 01, 2007

Disney Trip - Day 1

Phew! What a long day! It probably didn’t help that I didn’t get to bed until 1:00 AM this morning. I leisurely took my time running errands and playing with the kids yesterday, and I got a little behind in packing :) Hubby and I also decided to make the kids t-shirts to wear on our trip. My daughter’s has Sleeping Beauty on the front and my son’s has Mickey Mouse on the back. They both have “My First Disney Trip 2007” on them as well.

So this morning we were up bright and early at 7:00 and finished packing and got the kids ready. My son was whining and crying about everything…I dreaded making this journey with him in the mood he was in. Our wonderful neighbor and good friend volunteered to take us to the airport so we wouldn’t have to pay $7 to park everyday. Plus, this allowed us to not have to bring coats or worry about the fact that it was 24 degrees when we left with forecasts of sleet and snow for tonight :)

Thankfully, my son fell asleep in the car and got a tiny little power nap and was in a much better mood when he woke up! After we checked in and it hit me…I’ve gotten worse and worse about flying (I never thought twice about it, and now it makes me really, really nervous), so we headed to Max and Erma’s to get some food and a drink! $50 later (my freaking margarita was $9!!!) we got to the gate just in time for us to board (we flew Southwest and I had an “A” boarding pass). The kids were fantastic! My son did not like it when the plane was “tipping” but he sat and watched his movie as did my daughter pretty much the whole way. And we only had one bathroom trip the whole ride…and that was for my daughter! My son never had to go (one huge worry since we’re still trying to teach him that “hold it” means “don’t pee” and not physically hold your *&%$).

After we landed all we had to do was go get on a Disney bus since we were doing the Magical Express, which means that our luggage “magically” got from the airport to our room without us having to wait for them or drag them around!

My son ended up falling asleep on the bus ride over here and slept for over 2 hours! And that included picking up and putting in the stroller, and then taking him out again. After he woke up we headed over to The Beach Club to eat at The Cape May Café. The food was good and it was nice to sit and eat as a family!

There was a carousel that was made of gingerbread! The whole lobby smelled like there were a ton of spice candles burning, it was wonderful!

I think we’re heading to the Magic Kingdom tomorrow. We had wanted to wait so that the kids wouldn’t see it first (we’ve been told once they see it they compare all the other parks to that one) but the weather is supposed to cool down a lot (about 10 degrees) the rest of the week, so we thought we might enjoy it better if it was warmer out. Then tomorrow night it’s dinner with the Princesses at Akershus!


CresceNet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelly said...

Ok, the comment above is weird...

Moving on... love the Tshirt idea! Have fun! :)

Anonymous said...

What's with the first comment?

The T-shirt idea is so fun!! Glad the trip was smooth and hope you guys are enjoying yourselves :)

Sherry said...

Great trip down for you and love the "magical" baggage thing, that's a huge plus isn't it?
Tee shirt idea is great!!
I could just smell the wonderful spices you were describing mmm
Can't wait to hear abour your Magic Kingdom day.
Have a great time!!

Edie said...

Oh! Sounds like so much fun. I started scrapbooking my Disney trip over the weekend and I want to go back SO BAD!!! :)

Julie said...

Glad you made it there safely!

Rachel said...

Glad the flight was ok! I hope you guys are having lots and lots of fun.

Daddy Dan ( said...

I'm glad you made it safely! I hope you all have a fantastic time. You must be since there's no Day 2 post on here yet! =)

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

It sounds like you're off to a great start!