Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Long Time...

Wow, I can’t believe how long it’s been since I’ve posted…my craziness has to end. And it should…today. We are turning over the keys to our old house today at 5:00, and then it’s sitting around and relaxing for another month until our new house is ready. Hubby and I have busted our butts the last couple of days (the kids have been down with my parents) and we are exhausted! Last night we didn’t get to bed until 2:00 am, and then I was back up at 6:15. The kids come home today, and all we have to do is sit and play in our new apartment.

I’m sad to see the old house go…it has been such an important part of our lives for the past 5 ½ years…it was our first house, we brought two kids home to this house, the kids’ rooms have beautiful murals on the walls, and we have made such wonderful friends in our neighborhood. While I’m very excited about the new house, I will definitely miss the old one.

The worst thing about the past week is that we have all been sick. And trying to move while you are sick is just no fun. I still feel horrible. But, at least the weather has been awesome! It has been in the 60’s everyday this week, so at least we’re not trying to move in the cold!

Nothing else is really going on…it’s weird being in an apartment…we’ve owned a house for 5 ½ years and it’s weird sharing things with people. When we come in at night there aren’t any parking spaces near our building, so we have to park far away, and of course our cars aren’t in a garage, and people are coming in and out at all hours of the night (oh wait, I guess we have fit into that category the last couple of days :) ). But I can’t complain at all…our apartment is very nice, and it includes everything – fully furnished, all utilities included, 1,000 square feet, and it’s surrounded by stores and restaurants! It’s the closest to city living that I’ll ever be! Here’s a link to our place: http://www.corporatehousing.com/display.asp?site=4010

Alright, back to work. I will definitely be posting more now that my mind can release a whole chunk of stuff that has involved worrying about moving out of this house.

1 comment:

Amy W said...

Nice to be able to move into a fully furnished apartment!

Moving with 2 kids isn't fun, I have been there. Good luck with the rest of the month.