Monday, August 28, 2006

What Happened to the Weekend?

Well, let me tell you, I feel like it flew by! Friday night I got a “me” night…I went over to a friend’s house that was set up for 6 hours of scrapbooking! I love to scrapbook, however, I only do it about once a year :) I try to do it more, but I honestly realized as I was organizing my stuff for my night of fun that the last time I got it all out was 1 year ago! That is simply uncalled for!

Saturday ~ it appears that my son did not get an all-important memo…in our house, we go to bed late and sleep in…it’s what we do. However, my son likes to go to bed around 8:00 and get me up at 7:00 am. Now I know, most of you out there are ready to kill me because that’s what time all of your kids have always gotten up, but that is not the way of our household! The worst part about it is that he’s cranky when he wakes up, and winds up going back to sleep two hours later…hey doofus…just stay asleep!

We had to get the house ready because we had a showing on Saturday, so we spent the morning running around like crazy trying to make sure everything looked perfect. Then we went to eat and up to look at our new house while the kids took a nap. Saturday evening it rained, so we were ready to stay inside for the night when we decided that my son needed one of those Little Tykes basketball hoops. He loves basketball, and whenever he sees a hoop he goes crazy! So we headed out to get a hoop and some pizza. Of course while we were at the store I also had to pick up a toy for my daughter so she didn’t feel left out…I got her this adorable vanity set that has everything…lipstick, nail polish, brush, comb, mirror, perfume (all pretend of course…but she was a little disappointed because she’s used to the real stuff). I have a picture of her trying to put curlers in her brother’s hair! And my son loved the basketball hoop….it’s still too tall for him, but he loves to try to through the ball up, but unfortunately not as much as he loves us to pick him up so he can dunk it in.

Yesterday we got up and went to church and then went to lunch with our marriage-mentor-couple. Our church set up a program to help keep marriages together by matching couples together. Believe it or not we are the mentors! We’ve only been married for 6 years, but to newlyweds I guess we appear to be experts. We had not met the other couple yet and we were relieved to find them very normal and nice! They are a little older than us but I don’t think that’s going to be an issue at all.

The rest of the day was spent trying to take a nap (the kids slept fine but just as my husband and I were closing our eyes our little pistol, er...I mean our son, decided it was time to wake up) and going to Whole Foods for our weekly shopping trip. When we got back two of the neighborhood girls came over to play with my daughter (they are 7 and she is 3…I don’t get it!) and it was so cute to see them down in the basement playing with the dress-up clothes and playing so nicely together. We ended the night playing with my daughter in our bed…we kept telling her she should sleep in her own bed, but we were having so much fun playing, and then we laid down and she would talk to me about what we were seeing on TV, and then she just fell asleep. I love her so much, and the precious times that I get to play with just her are so few anymore with her little brother around, and I just try to cherish them as much as I can. I carried her over to her bed and laid her down and just looked at my beautiful girl who is getting so big so fast.

2 comments:

Amy W said...

I totally love scrapbooking, but I am years behind on my books. Hopefully I can catch up soon, it is addictive!

Happy Working Mom said...

Yeah, I still haven't made it to my daughter's first birthday yet...I'm way behind but still love it!