Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Last weekend was another fun one!

John and I took off work Friday to try to get some stuff done around the house. John took the kids to school and I jumped right into cleaning out all of the kitchen cabinets. The dust in them has been bugging me for a while now, and I also needed to sort through everything I had and get rid of stuff I don’t use. It took forever, but it was worth it! Now I have clean kitchen cabinets and more room because I really cleaned out the stuff I don’t use. That night we went to dinner with our neighbors. The kids were all really good and the food was great too (we went to Mellow Mushroom)!

Saturday was a fun, relaxing day. John got up early and got some meat in the smoker and I made some cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate for Josh and Noah (he slept over after dinner the night before). The rest of the day was spent relaxing, running to the grocery store, John watching football and me getting food ready for later in the day. The OSU/PSU game started at 3:30 and my dad and uncle came over to watch. Those two (they are brothers) always bet against each other on the game so it was fun watching them cheer against each other :) We had pulled pork, sausage sandwiches, corn chowder and homemade mini-apple pies. We also went outside and played some football during halftime which was fun!

Sunday was Kylie’s first gymnastics meet of the season. It was also her first gymnastics meet as a level 4. She was so nervous because there was a skill in particular that she had just gotten the week before (her front hip circle on bars) and she wasn’t sure if she’d be able to do it in the meet. My parents were so nice and watched Ryan and Colton so we didn’t have to worry about trying to keep them entertained during the long meet. Josh and John sat and played games on the iPad and I watched Ky warm up. When the meet started, her first event was beam and she started her day off great with a 9.25! After that it was on to floor where she scored an 8.3 (we thought that was low and couldn’t figure out what she had done to get such a low score for such a great routine). Then she went to vault and got an 8.85 and then it was time for bars. I was so nervous for her! I watched her routine and was so excited when she made her front hip circle, did her shoot-through without falling forwards or backwards, and did a good mill spin! I was so happy for her! She got an 8.0 on bars which was great for her! Overall she did so well!

After the meet we went to Olive Garden (she got to pick since she got a 9.0 or better on an event – Daddy’s incentive for her) and had a really nice meal. John and I just kept marveling at how easy life would be if we only had 1.) two kids and 2.) they were Josh and Kylie’s age. I mean we hardly had to do anything…Kylie could go to the bathroom by herself, they could both get themselves in the car and in their seatbelts by themselves…so easy! But, we also agreed that when we were driving and looking in the backseat, it seemed so empty and weird with only the two of them! We didn’t like that at all!

When we got home we spent the rest of the day relaxing. I cleaned out the boys’ closets and finally got the rest of Ryan’s clothes moved into the room he shares with Josh. It felt so good to be able to just hang out at home since it was so rainy outside.

And the best ending to the weekend was knowing that we only had two days of work this week and then it was off for Thanksgiving!




1 comment:

Sherry said...

go Kylie, she is doing awesome as her scored proved!!
I so love reading about your family and all you do. Your "family time" is amazing and girl treasure it while you can. It's great your parents are so close to they can see your happy life and be a part of it, and see their beautiful grandchildren daily.
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!