Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11

Today is such a cool day…11-11-11. But luckily for me, it’s not just “a cool day,” it also happens to be the day that my littlest baby turns 10 months old. 10 months! I can’t believe he’s that old already…where has the time gone?

My little Colton – you are such a sweetie and you capture everyone’s heart the minute they lay eyes on you! You have the biggest brown eyes I’ve ever seen, and the cutest bald head that has just recently started sprouting more and more little blonde hairs. You have four teeth on the top that all came in about the same time, and two on the bottom that you have had for a while. I have been giving you samples of pretty much everything we eat (ranging from broccoli to Kit Kat bars) and I haven’t found anything you don’t like yet!

Your “crawl” is adorable! You army crawl everywhere and the workers in the church nursery think you’re such a hoot! They get such a kick out of watching you get where you need to go. You have just this past week started getting up on all fours, but then you collapse and take off in your normal manner. You can easily get to and from a sitting position which has been nice, except in the crib when you’re supposed to be sleeping :)

Speaking of sleeping! You have actually only gotten up once the past two nights (you had been getting up at least twice every night before that) but I’m not holding my breath…I don’t feel like we’re out of the “sleepless” woods yet :) But thankfully you are so easy when you do get up in the middle of the night…get you (and you are chatting up a storm when I bring you to my room!), feed you (only about 6 minutes) and then lay you back in your crib with your blanket and you’re good to go. So I can’t (and really don’t) complain.

Yesterday was a pain with nursing…I feel like you’re ready to give it up. You get so distracted and are constantly trying to leave! So unless you are super tired (or it’s the middle of the night), it is such a struggle to nurse you. I’m not really complaining though as two months from today you will be cut-off completely :)

You have become more and more happy as the days go by…you laugh and smile and talk. You are waving “bye-bye,” you were kissing for a long time but have taken a break from that, when you see a fan you put your arm up and make circles with it (I usually make a sound acknowledging you know what a fan does), you respond when someone says your name, and when I ask where someone is (i.e. “where’s Kylie?”) you turn your head toward them.

Thank you for being my sweet little boy! I love you so much and I can’t wait to see how you fit yourself even more into our family as time goes by!

Love,
Mommy



1 comment:

Sherry said...

Absolutely beautiful, I loved every single word.
Colton on the laptop , so dang cute