Monday, November 21, 2011

Apothederm Review

I’m not sure what has happened to me, but all of a sudden I have become super worried about my skin…specifically my face. I have never really done much for it besides wash it and moisturize it, but lately I have been scouring the internet, reading reviews and trying to find the best products to brighten my skin and prevent aging. I was fortunate a few weeks ago to be selected to try a couple of different Apothederm products and see how they worked for me.

The first product that I selected was the Bright Skin Serum. I have felt that my skin is pretty dull, and now with winter approaching, I really wanted something to brighten it up! I tried it as soon as I got it in the mail! Here is an excerpt from Apothederm.com about the http://apothederm.com/shop-products/brightening-acne/bright-skin-serum/:

“Our specialized formula refines, brightens and hydrates for a more even complexion. Our SmartPeptide™ technology specifically targets impurities to refine blotchy, discolorations and imperfections. Your skin will look and feel rejuvenated and radiant.”



After a week I did start to see a difference…my skin did look more luminous! However, there were a couple of downsides for me to this product – 1.) it remained sticky if I didn’t put anything over it. So the first couple of nights I felt like my face was sticking to my pillow. 2.) My face itched after I put it on, but that didn’t last long…usually a minute or so. Because of this, I contacted Apothederm and reached out to them hoping they could offer a solution. They sent me their Moisturizing Cream to layer over the Bright Skin Serum. Here is an excerpt from Apothederm.com about the Moisturizing Cream:

“Hydrate your thirsty skin with our emollient-rich cream. Developed specifically for dry, aging skin, this cream nourishes, replenishes, and firms, helping to reduce visible signs of aging.”



This stuff was great! Not to heavy or thick, nice smell, and felt good on my face! So now I put on the Bright Skin Serum and then put the Moisturizing Cream over top of that. My face does still feel semi-sticky though, but that’s a small sacrifice for bright and silky skin :)

Overall I really like the way my skin looks. I can only imagine how great it would look if I used all of their products! I also had such a great experience working with the company…they listened to my concerns and were ready to help me out however they could. I encourage you to head over to their site and look around. They have a lot of great facts about the technology that goes into their products and some great before and after photos. And until December 31, 2011, you can use the code “TENOFF” to receive $10 off your order!

Apothederm partenered with Mamasource to provide bloggers a chance to try their products and write a review on them. I was given the Bright Skin Serum and Moisturizing Cream to try out, and I was not monitarily compensated for this review.

No comments: