Monday, April 11, 2011

A Great Weekend!

What a fabulous weekend!

Friday night we went to dinner with our friends/neighbors and were there for 2 hours! With all of our kiddos (plus one because Kylie had a friend over)! We went to a local Mexican restaurant and really had great time.

Saturday morning Josh and John went off to football practice while the rest of us just hung out around the house. I held Colton and watched some Food Network (one of my favorite things to do on a Saturday when I can’t be outside).

Saturday night John and I took Josh, Ryan, my nephew Carson, my dad, John’s uncle and his cousin to the last Blue Jackets game. It was Ryan’s first game and he was so excited. Although we spent a lot of time on Saturday trying to get him to understand that we would not be skating! He kept saying “I’m going to be goalie!” :) He really did super well and even those the Jackets lost, we still had a really great time.

Sunday was Joshie’s first football game of the season! It started out rocky with me trying to get Colton happy and Ryan to listen, but then they calmed down and I was able to enjoy the game. Joshie pulled 7 flags and scored a touchdown! He was such a machine out there! One of the kids that he plays with lives in our neighborhood, so it’s nice to be able to hang out with my neighbor during the game, and they have a girl that is Kylie’s age, so she has someone to play with, which is nice. The Saints (Joshie’s team) ended up winning by one point!

After the game we went home and just enjoyed the 84 degree sunshine! We sat outside with our neighbors until Colton started screaming at 6:00 to eat. We all took that as our cue to go in and feed our kids and get ready for the upcoming week. It was really such a great day and definitely got all of us so excited about summer.





No comments: