Friday, October 29, 2010

Gymnastics/Football Weekend...

Last weekend was a whirlwind of a weekend. On top of all the craziness, I was so sick and just felt miserable on Friday. But that night, John and I helped out at the school’s carnival at a picture booth. We were there for 3 hours and while we had a lot of fun, being sick was just horrible.

Saturday we woke up and took it easy for the beginning of the day. I cleaned out my scrap room and then we took a whole bunch of stuff to Goodwill. Ryan was over at my parents’ house, so we decided to leave Ky and Josh home by themselves while we dropped the stuff off (it’s 5 minutes down the road). At first they were scared and didn’t want to do it (which surprised us…we thought they would be so excited!). But then they decided to do it, and I talked to Kylie on the phone most of the time we were gone (which was a total of 10 minutes). It was such a neat feeling knowing that my kids are growing up , and there will be a day that John and I can leave the house without all of them in tow :)

Saturday night I had my friends over for a scrap night. John took the kids to the city bonfire, and we all had a great time. I’m working on my sister’s wedding present, a scrapbook of the whole wedding process, so it was good to make some progress on that.

Sunday we woke up to chaos. I had lost the e-mail that Kylie’s gym had sent about her meet (her first one was that day), and when I called to get the information, the info the girl gave me just didn’t sound right. So Sunday morning I called again and found out they were about to start warming up! I thought I still had another hour! So John took her over there and I quickly finished getting ready and took the boys over there. The meet was cute…they did an intersquad meet for their first one and Kylie did really well! The coaches were the judges and they gave out candy instead of ribbons. She was just so cute out there!

After the meet we went home and chilled for a little bit before Joshie’s football game. I still felt sick, so I laid down for a while and thankfully felt better after a little bit. I put a pot roast in the oven and off we went to the game. The weather was so gorgeous! The Bears won, and Joshie had an awesome, long touchdown run, as well as a touchdown catch!

When we got home we had a nice family dinner (my sister was in town so that was nice) and then just relaxed the rest of the day. I have been so busy and stressed at work that it was so nice to have some down time, especially since this past week has not been any better.

This is Ryan and the sister of one of the other players (who also happens to be good friends of ours). They are so cute together!


Kellie said...

Hope you're feeling better!

Sounds like a great weekend :)

Katherine said...

Hi! My name is Katherine and I am reaching out on behalf of P&G Fabric Care. We love your blog, and wanted to leave word for you here that we’d like to work with you if you’re open to receiving information from us. If so, please contact me at Looking forward to hearing from you!

Sherry said...

Sorry to hear you were sick, hope by now you are back to yourself!!
Love love the pics and wow Kylie standing on her head, awesome!!!