Friday, September 10, 2010

Where is the Time Going???

Life has been so busy lately…I can’t believe this week is just about over!

We have some big projects going on at work, so that has kept me super busy during an otherwise quiet time. Then at home I feel like we have something going on every night, so our nights go by very quickly.

Our Labor Day Weekend was really nice…the weather was gorgeous and we pretty much stayed home and relaxed the whole weekend. Saturday John took Kylie and Josh, along with our neighbor and his son, down to the OU game. Then Sunday we went to our church’s Labor Day picnic which was a lot of fun. Then Monday we just sat outside all day with our neighbors and finished the day off with a great dinner and going out for ice cream. The only downside was that Kylie and I caught some type of cold on Monday – she’s all better and I’m slowly starting to feel better.

Last night I got to go to dinner with some friends. It was so good to get out and hang out with the girls. I love the fact that I have a great mix of different types of friends. Sometimes certain people or situations can really bring me down and it’s so refreshing to get out with a different group that I have different things in common with.

Tonight John and I get to go out on a date! We are going to The Melting Pot! It will be our first “romantic” date in a long time and we are both really looking forward to it!

Saturday John’s supposed to take the kids down to OU again, but there’s a 60% chance of rain, so I’m not sure whether he’ll do it or not. I’m planning on getting some sleep and relaxing this weekend! I need to start baking Ryan’s cake for his party next weekend, and I need to clean out my closet, but other than that, I’m hoping that I can have some nice downtime with whichever kids are there with me :)

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Date night, awesome, I know you will have a great time!! It's so nice that you are able to do that, and important too.
I agree time just zips on by it's nuts!! You have been super busy so try to take it easy and get that needed sleep and down time on the weekend.
Hope you are feeling better soon.