Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Special Weekend...

Last weekend was one of the best weekends I have had in a long time!

After school on Friday, John took Ryan and Josh and headed down to Athens for basketball camp and the OU game.  That meant it was just Kylie and Colton and I for a couple of days!  Kylie was supposed to have gymnastics Friday night, but I came home from work on Friday to see her sitting on the couch with a bag of ice.  Apparently she had hurt her leg and it was too bad to go to gymnastics.

After the boys left (they didn’t end up leaving until around 5:45 – we got our new iPhones and John and to show me some things :) ), Kylie, Colton and I headed out for dinner at Kogens.  We hadn’t eaten there in a couple of years – since it had just opened, and it was awesome!  Kylie made the best comment – she said “it feels weird only have this small amount of people at the table.”  She was so right!

After dinner we came home and played in the playroom a little bit.  Kylie started the American Girl Samantha movie and Colton ran around :)  Kylie set up and Instagram account and we had a lot of fun taking and posting pictures.  I put Colton to bed and then Kylie and I had Sundaes and finished the movie.  We ended the night playing with our phones/iPods in my bed and falling asleep :)

Saturday we got up and had French toast for breakfast.  We all played/did some chores around the house and then it was time to take Kylie to gymnastics.  When we got back, Colton was dead tired (he usually takes a morning nap during that time, so he was beat by the time we got home!).  So I laid him down and went to work!  I got a bunch of laundry done, and then I decided to organize the pantry.  What a job!  I threw out so much old stuff and really got it looking nice!  This also caused me to organize a couple of cupboards in the kitchen too.  Colton ended up sleeping for two hours, which was absolutely perfect timing for me to get everything done!

I had Miss G come over at 2:30 so that I could pick Kylie up from gymnastics and we could go on our date!  Colton was upset, but the minute Miss G Said “want to go outside?” he was a happy camper again!

I got Kylie and then we headed over to Easton.  I had to return something, so we did that, and then we went to the Apple store to get her a new iPod charger (how do those things disappear???).  The Apple store was packed!  I thought it was because of the new iPhone, but the guy said it was early Christmas shopping.  It was insane!

After that, we dodged raindrops and went into the mall to the movie theater.  We were going to see The Odd Life of Timothy Green (Kylie’s choice of course!).  This theater was cool – I hadn’t been there in a while – all of the food was cafeteria-style.  You picked up your popcorn (I was able to put butter on it half-full and then again when it was full), then your drink (super Coke machines!) and then anything else you wanted (nestle crunch pieces) and then check-out.  We were really early to the movie, but we watched the previews and hung out.  The movie was really good!  When I first saw the previews, I really had no desire to see it, but of course I would never tell Kylie that!  And much to my delightful surprise, I really liked the movie!

After the movie Kylie was giving me a hard time about picking a place to eat.  She just couldn’t decide.  So I told her that I wanted to go to the new Lush store that had just opened up because I had never been to one but had heard all about them.  We smelled tons of stuff and got a couple of arm treatments.  I left with some products that so far I love and Kylie picked out a bath bubble that will make her next long bath awesome!

After that, John called to say that they were about ½ hour out and after some talking we realized that none of us had eaten.  Kylie had wanted to go to Olive Garden, so we decided to get it to go and get some for everyone (Kylie was not happy about this, but it was what was best for everyone).  I was so glad we did this because the line at Olive Garden was ridiculous!  We just walked in there and picked up our food and left!

Everyone was pretty tired at home, so we quickly ate and then everyone went to bed.  Sunday was church and then a relaxing afternoon at home.  I ran to the grocery store and then John took the boys to football practice.

I started making dinner, and I asked Kylie if she wanted to make the cupcakes we had in the pantry (she had been wanting to make them for a while but there was never time).  So while I made dinner, she made the cupcakes (with filling!) all by herself!  I was so proud of her!

After a dinner that again, John and I loved but the kids didn’t (I swear I’m going to quit cooking for them!), we had Kylie’s awesome cupcakes and then everyone got ready for bed.

I had such a wonderful time hanging out with Kylie…it hasn’t happened in so long and I want it to happen more.  Although we did fight while we were out, it was still so much fun hanging out with her and listening to what’s going on in her life.  I love that little girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As they get older, it's so nice to have time to just spend with one child to hear everything they have to say and do normal stuff. And it's not only special to the mom. I know my kids love it and feel special having me all to themselves.