Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Fun, Nothing Special Kind of Evening...

Last night was just an ordinary night, but we had some fun :)

John had a coaches meeting for football, so he stayed at work and went right to that, so it was just the kids and I.  When I got home, Colton was sleeping, which made it easy to get dinner in the oven.  He did end up waking up very quickly, but he sat and played in his crib the whole time!

While dinner was in the oven, the kids and I went outside to play for a little bit.  Josh wasn’t feeling well, so he sat in the chair and reffed our game a little bit.

After dinner, I wanted to go on a walk/bike ride.  Josh and Kylie didn’t want to go because they had homework they needed to get done.  So I loaded Colton up in the stroller, Ryan got on his bike, and we headed off on a little walk while Josh and Kylie stayed home to finish their homework (Kylie was also working on her campaign poster as she is running for student counsel).

The walk was so fun!  We walked the new bike path in our neighborhood and Ryan has improved so much riding his bike!  Colton chatted the whole way, and took to the phrase “I promise” when he heard me tell Ryan “I will be right here to catch you if you start to fall, I promise” as I was trying to coax him to ride down the “apron” parts of the driveways.  So the whole way there and back Colton would just look at me and say “I promise?”

After the walk I gave the boys a bath and put Colton down to sleep.  John had just gotten home so brushed Ryan’s teeth and got him into bed and then did some things with Josh.  Finally, they were all in bed and John and I had just sat on the couch and started talking when we heard Colton crying.  He had been up for two hours the night before in the middle of the night, and we were worried this would be a repeat.  When we went in to get him, he kept saying “all done seeping.”  So we brought him down and he was in such a good mood!  I gave him to medicine thinking his teeth have been bothering and that has to be what has been waking him up.  Then he sat on the couch with us and ate fishies and just made us laugh!  We got to hang out with him for about an hour and a half and it was awesome!  But then I was so tired I had to put him to sleep.  He cried for about 10 minutes and then conked out.  He didn’t wake up until 7:00 this morning!

So nothing special, but a fun night :)

No comments: