Friday, January 20, 2012

Date Night!

Last night John and I got to do a rare thing…we got to go out without the kiddos!

John had arranged for the leadership team at church to go to a CBJ game again this year, only this time, they each got to invite someone. So we asked Miss G if she could stay over and watch the kids and we set a date!

Of course, our luck, it started snowing pretty hard right before rush hour, and all I wanted to do was curl up at home and hibernate! But we loaded up and headed down to the arena without so much as a whine from the kids! But it was hard for me to leave them after having only seen them for an hour and a half :(

John and I made it through the snow-covered roads and got the arena with perfect timing. Some of the group was already there and the game was just about to start. The best part of the night? I got Dippin’ Dots!!! The worst part of the night? We were on the “Kissing Cam” up on the big jumbotron (yes, when they show you you’re supposed to kiss – yuck!). The Jackets lost (what’s new), but we really did have a good time.

We got home and Miss G said all the kids were great and everything got done (homework, etc.). She headed home, John turned on a basketball game, and I immediately crashed into bed after kissing the kids goodnight :)

1 comment:

Sherry said...

now with power back on I am playing "catch up" read about your busy night and lol now I am wanting Subway!! Oh the power of suggestion huh?
Sorry you are having to go through hard times with Kylie. At her age she is testing the waters, so it's critical, as you well know, to nip it in the bud before the teenage years hit. Looks like you have a solid plan and I pray for all of you it works. Sometimes girls are more difficult than boys, as you well know!!
Love your "date night" it's so awesome that you do that, keeps the marriage fresh ane exciting no matter how many years have passee.
Now if our power stays on out here, I can keep current on things!