Monday, January 10, 2011

Our Last Weekend As A Family of Five...

This past weekend just flew by, as I knew it would.

Saturday night we had house church, which of course was super fun as always. One of the families in our house church is moving out to LA for a few months so it was our last one with them for a while. We will miss them a ton!

Saturday we got up and took Joshie to basketball practice. I told John that it was our last Saturday morning where we could sit all the kids at the table and have them eat breakfast by themselves and go about our own thing…the next practice would involve a little one that needs to be fed and changed, and then most likely changed again right as we’re heading out the door :)

So Joshie had a fun practice. He always has so much fun out there! We signed him up late, so the only session that had room was the older one (1st and 2nd graders). He holds his own no doubt and it’s neat because there is a kid from Kylie’s class that loves to play with him, so when they’re counting off, each week he strategically places himself where he and Josh will be on the same team. I think it’s so cool that it’s the 2nd grader trying to be with the Kindergartener and not the other way around as is most often the case.

After that we had to go and get Kylie’s friend a birthday present, and then it was home for lunch and naps. I headed out to get my nails done and pedicure (some of my customary pre-baby appointments), and then my parents took the boys to the train show while we took Kylie to her gymnastics meet. I wish my parents were camera people because I would have loved to see pictures of the boys, but at least I know they had so much fun there and I can’t wait to go with them next year!

John told Kylie on the way to her meet that if she got a 9.0 on anything, she could pick any restaurant to go to afterwards. I felt bad because that’s a lot of pressure for her second meet and you never know how a judge is going to score…I would rather have something like if she didn’t fall on beam or something like that.

So we sat through warm-ups (which was so uncomfortable for me…I was having contractions the whole time), and finally, it was time to start. Kylie’s team started on floor and she did a great job! Such a great job that she got a 9.0!!! So right off the bat she knew she got to pick where we got to go and eat :) She did great on her other events too…I think she got jipped on her vault score, but she didn’t seem to mind.

We headed out afterwards and she said she wanted to go to Olive Garden. So we went to one and the wait was horrible (and this was at 8:00 at night!), so we headed to another one. On the way there she said she’d rather go to Chick-fil-a, so we went there instead. It was so nice to have a night with just John, her and I.

Sunday we got up and went to church where everyone was so kind and supportive. I got so many congratulations from people and our pastor’s sermon was on change so of course we were used as an example of changes coming! Two very sweet ladies prayed over John and I after the service which meant so very much to me. I’m so thankful to be a party of such a wonderful and loving church family.

After church we took Kylie to the birthday party. I started doing all the chores that needed to be done around the house and then went to pick her up. I had promised her that before the baby came I would take her to the Bare Escentuals store so that we could play make-up together. So when I picked her up from her party we headed straight over there. She was so surprised! The lady did a great job with her and she looked so gorgeous! I got a make-over too and then we headed out to pick up some last-minute items for the baby and the house (i.e. diaper bag).

We spent Sunday night doing laundry, cleaning up and getting organized. I was so exhausted! But after the kids went to bed John and I were able to sit and watch some TV. He had put together the new bouncy seat and brought the swing up, so seeing them in the family room made everything so real. We can’t figure out why, but this time has been harder for us to accept as real. I think it’s because it went by so quickly, and now that the time is here, we’re trying to get used to the idea that there really will be a baby here in a day.

I will of course be blogging from the hospital like I did with Ryan. I just went back and read those posts and it was so neat to see my progression and relive that time. I can’t wait to be done being pregnant, but I’m also feeling nervous for some reason. My stomach has been in knots the past couple of days and I haven’t been sleeping that great. It doesn’t help that they are calling for a pretty big snow storm to hit us tomorrow. The day when family members will be traveling to see us and we have to bring the kids over and just the right time, etc. I just pray that everything goes smoothly and that I have a quick and easy labor and delivery!















2 comments:

Sherry said...

Kylie looks like a pro for sure and I can see why she got a 9.0 yeah!!
Josh another pro, I love the pictues they are great and yeah I too wish your parents were "camera people" but hey it's all good, they are awesome parents and grandparents so that's what counts, we can forgive them for not having the camera on consecutive snap!!! :)
Your church is fantastic but I have know that for quite awhile, and your time w/ Kylie awesome your make up day sounds like fun.
So today a family of 5 tomorrow a family of 6 I am so excited for you and I pray you have a very short labor time and fast delivery. Am waiting right along with you.
Best of luck to you all,and I am here rooting for you!!! :)

Kellie said...

Thinking of you!!!