Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend At My Sister's....

This weekend was wonderful! We ended up getting a huge snow storm that started on Friday, so they let us out of work at 2:00. I went home and we quickly packed up our things and headed out to Michigan. The weather actually lightened up the further North we got, so by the time we were a couple hours out, the roads were perfect. With all the stops, it ended up taking us about 4 ½ hours, which wasn’t bad at all. My sister has a huge apartment and the kids made themselves at home right away.

Saturday we spent most of the day just being lazy. My poor sister thought that she should entertain us and kept asking us what we wanted to do…I still don’t think she knows how great it felt to just sit and watch TV! We checked our city’s cameras and saw how much more snow they were getting! Our county was under a level 3 snow advisory (which means you’re not allowed on the roads for those of you not familiar with the “levels”) – we ended up getting 20 inches! Later in the afternoon we headed out to the huge mall she has. It’s just like the one we go to when we go down to Charlotte! We shopped for a while and then went to Rainforest CafĂ© to eat. I love that place! I’ve been to one in Disney and Virginia Beach, so I was really excited about going there. My daughter was scared in the beginning, but hubby talked to her, and by the time we sat down she was fine.

Sunday we lounged around and finally packed up and left around 1:00. It was really sad for me to leave :( I had a great weekend with my sister, and the kids had a blast with her!

When we got home we were surprised to see that all the roads were perfect! However, our driveway was a different story! So hubby parked the car in the court and started shoveling! I got the kids in their snow stuff and they went out to play. Am I a bad mom if I say that this was the first time this year they had been in the snow?

Here are some pictures of them! The sun was so bright and thanks to daylight savings time the kids got a lot of extra time outside! I went in and made hot chocolate and dinner…I don’t do very well in the cold!

(Please ignore the un-matching coat and snowpants on my son. We actually forgot his coat for the trip and were lucky enough to find one for $5 at Children's Place while we were there.)






9 comments:

Sherry said...

So glad with all that snow and the road conditions that you all had a safe trip to and from your sister's. Also you Saturday hanging out then going to the mall and restaurant sound very relaxing. EXACTLY what you needed huh?
Love the picture, so bright and pretty. The kids absolutely adorable in the snow, the smiles and the lil red cheeks, cute cute and way too cute.
You crack me up. Your son's coat and pants didn't match, oh geeze. haha it's all good, he was warm and quite happy playing in the snow, so it didn't bother him. I don't think it would have bothered anyone if they had noticed to begin with. Warmth is the key here :)
Your poor hubby having to shovel away huh?
So glad you had a great week end!!!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Wow! We only got about 4 or 5 inches here! That looks like fun!!

Anonymous said...

We were suppose to get 1 to 2 feet and some ice. We got rain. A lot of rain. I heard on the news that your area got slammed with snow.

Glad you guys had a good weekend!!

(Beautiful house in the background of the last shot!!)

Anonymous said...

My first thought at seeing your pictures was familiarity. Anya fits perfect into Ally's old (red)winter coat, but not her pants. So I got her a pair of (green) snow pants at Goodwill. She even wears a white headband sometimes.

Glad the roads were safe for you and you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

They look like they're having so much fun outside!!
We got about 16 inches here (so we decided to go skiing and make the best of it!)
Glad to hear you had a nice weekend with your sister. It's always comforting to visit family you're close to.

Jill said...

Your trip looks like so much fun...all that snow! Wow! I know you must be relieved that your nanny is starting soon.

Amy W said...

Man, I hate snow!

I will let Ray know what he has to look forward to on Thursday :).

Glad you had a good weekend.

Julie said...

Grrr, my girls have those same coats from Children's Place and I definately didn't pay $5 for them! : )

Edie said...

It looks like they had so much fun!