Friday, August 24, 2012

First Day of School 2012...

First day of school 2012 :)

Wednesday morning we woke up at our normal time and got ready just like we would on any other normal workday.  But instead of heading out the door for a day of meetings and clients, we whipped up pancake batter and fired up the griddles.

It was time for the third annual Cakes on the Court Pancake Breakfast!  So we headed outside, along with several neighbor families and had a great time of socializing and eating breakfast.  The weather was gorgeous and the kids had a blast, as usual.  Kylie continued her tradition of asking if it was time to leave about 30 minutes before it was time to leave :)

At around 8:45 AM all of the kids headed off with their parents following close behind.  We all went into the school and then branched off as each kid entered their classroom.
We dropped Josh off first…the big, bad second grader!  A quick hug and picture and he was done with us :)  Then it was over to the fourth grade hallway for Kylie.  Fourth graders get lockers :)  At open house a couple of days before she had brought all of her stuff in and decorated her locker with a purple theme.  Her decorations ranged from dry-erase boards to a locker rug :)  She also got to practice her combination a lot so she was very confident she’d be able to do on the first day of school.  A quick hug and a few pictures with her and she was ready to start her day.

John, my dad and I walked back to the house, cleaned up our breakfast stuff, and got ready for our day at home.  John went out to mow, I put Colton down for a nap, and Ryan and I played baseball in the basement.  After Colton woke up, two hours later, we all headed to the mall because Colton needed new shoes (it amazes me that after have two boys already, I didn’t have any shoes from size 6 to size 8).  Our parenting really shone through when he measured a size 7 and we had him in size 5 ½ shoes, so to compensate, we let him get extremely obnoxious Spiderman light-up shoes :)  She walks around, well, actually stomps around, saying “piaman.”

After the shoes we went to lunch (nothing like an outdoor lunch with two handsome little men and sharing two margaritas with one handsome big man!) and then let the kids play in the play area for a few minutes.  One more quick stop to get John some shoes and we were headed home.  I put the two boys down for a nap and then my dad and I headed out to pick Ky and Josh up from school.  When we got home, John and I sat on our front porch just enjoying the gorgeous weather!  We were joined by my parents, and then later, our neighbors.  It was a fabulous ending to a fabulous day!


No comments: