Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekend Recap...

What a relaxing weekend!

Friday night we had house church. It had been a while since we had gotten together due to Christmas, New Year’s and people being sick. It was great to talk to everyone!

Saturday morning I had a hair appointment at 7:15 AM. While it was really early, it was nice to be out and about so early…it made the day feel really long. Afterwards we put the Christmas stuff away, and then took everyone to the mall to play. Kylie had her best friend spend the night, so my dad watched them and Joshie play while John and I went to pick up some things that had come in (I finally got my knife block John had given me for Christmas and I got my jeans that I had altered). After we got home from the mall, Joshie, Ryan and I took a nap!

After our naps I made homemade spaghetti and meatballs. I had already made the pasta, so that was in the freezer, but I made the sauce and meatballs for the first time, and they turned out awesome! After dinner my dad and I played down in the playroom with all of the kids…it was chaotic and crazy, but a ton of fun! Then my dad took Joshie over to his house for bed, and I set the girls up with a movie. I went up and cleaned up my scraproom and filled one of those collage picture frames full of recent pictures of the kiddos. It was a lot of work, but it feels so good to have it done!

Sunday we got up and went to church, and then Kylie and I went grocery shopping. She was a huge help (besides all of her “mommy we really need this” shouts). After that we ate lunch and played for a while. Then I took a tiny nap, which was really needed :) After that it was dinner time, homework time, and then we had “Sunday Sundae Night.” Kylie and I had gotten some special ice cream, so the kids made their own sundaes, and we ate them while watching “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs,” which I had never seen before. We had a really good time hanging out as a family!

Then Kylie and Ryan went to bed, John and Josh watched the rest of the CBJ game, and I organized some more scrapbooking stuff. I’m going away this weekend to scrap, so I’m trying to get all of my stuff packed up early!

It was a really nice and relaxing weekend…but of course it went by way too fast :)

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Awesome, will comment when I read the next days events!! :) I love your postings and hate myself when I miss a day!!!