Monday, January 18, 2010

Scrapbooking Weekend Recap...

What a weekend!

Thursday night I went to learn about making wedding invitations with my mom, sister, and her fiancé. I was worried about getting home late and not being able to see the kids, because the next day I would be going away for my scrap weekend, and since I leave right from work, I would see them until Sunday. I ended up getting home around 9:00, and I was able to give Joshie a kiss while he was walking over to my dad’s house to go to bed. I was able to spend a few minutes with Kylie before she went to sleep. But unfortunately, Ryan was already asleep, so I didn’t get to spend any time with him :(

But fortunately (only in this one time case though), Ryan woke up around 12:00 and was up for a couple hours. I brought him into bed with me and snuggled for a little bit, and then he started talking to me :) I made myself put him back to bed so that I could get some sleep, but I was so happy to have been able to see him before my long weekend away!

Friday evening I left work and headed straight to a city that’s about 45 minutes away. All of my friends were already there, so I quickly set my stuff up and got to work. There were a little over 50 people at this crop, but the room is set up so nicely that we all have plenty of space (each person has a gigantic table all to themselves), and there is lots of room between the tables.

After a little bit we headed to our favorite restaurant and had a fantastic dinner. After dinner we came back and scrapped until around midnight. There were 4 of us sharing a room, but none of us like to share a bed, so we had two air mattresses set up. The problem we had this year was that two of us are always cold, and the other two are always hot. So Friday night I didn’t get hardly any sleep because I was freezing! I had socks on and my robe the whole night and I was still shivering!

We got up the next morning around 7:30 and went down to breakfast. Then we scrapped until around 1:30 and then headed out for some scrapbook store shopping and a late lunch/early dinner at another favorite restaurant. After we ate, we came back and got back to work.

Around 10:00 we stopped and ate some pizza, and then scrapped until about midnight again. I slept a little better because the room was warmer (the other two girls were dying because it was scorching to them!). I got up around 8:30 on Sunday and went down for breakfast and more scrapping. We stopped for lunch around 2:00 and then I wrapped up what I was working on and headed home. I ended up getting 4 pages of Kylie done, 4 pages of Ryan done, and 5 pages of Joshie done.

I got home at 4:30 and played with the kids. It was so amazing how with two nights of not-so-great sleep, I still had a ton of energy to play with the kiddos. My mom made us a wonderful dinner, and right after that Kylie went over to her BFF’s for a sleepover (since there’s no school today). Ryan and Joshie and Pappaw and I went down and played hockey in the playroom – Ryan was so cute because he had his hockey stick and was trying to play standing up, which is a new thing for him!
My dad had to go home, so we said “good-bye” to him, and then I gave Ryan a bath. We played a little more, and then he went to bed, while John, Josh and I curled up on the couch to watch Polar Express. I showed John the three kids’ scrapbooks, and then he fell asleep watching the movie.

It was a fabulous weekend! I got a lot of work done, and still had a good evening with my family to end it all. Now it’s time to plan my annual scrapbooking weekend at my house in the spring :)


Jen said...

Oooo...I'd love a scrapbook weekend with some friends. That sounds fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I tried to love scrapbooking. I really did. I spent a fortune on stuff and got 3/4 of Morgan's first year book done. My pages improved as the book went on and then? I got distracted. Most likekly by something sparkly.

I'm teaching myself to use Photoshop and then to scrapbook digitally. My SIL does it and it's FANTASTIC. Here's to hoping I can do this.

SO glad you enjoyed yourself. Sounds like a great weekend :)

Sherry said...

Wow you did get a lot done huh? I used to scrap and know it takes time for the pages. Well for me at least, haha. But once I got started the ideas kept flowing and it was good, then I would draw a blank. but was never all that happy w/ the pages I had done, could always see flaws, but that's me!!
So glad you had a good weekend, well excpet the freezing part, so hard to sleep when you are cold, I know, I am that way too.
And then to go home to your warm and loving family. Girl you so had the best of both worlds and I know you deserve it!!!
Enjoy the day!!

Kim3278 said...

I still feel so bad that you guys didn't get any sleep!!! I am happy to hear that you are feeling better though! Thanks again for inviting me. I have been having a blast and Tatum loved her pages--so did Andrew.