Monday, July 10, 2006

A Wedding and Relaxation!

I got to get out of work early on Friday because my son had a doctor’s appointment (he had to get his 12 month shots). Then my mom and I took the kids to an early dinner, and then we went to this awesome store that you have to be a business to be able to shop there (I sell Mary Kay). Everything is so cheap, and it has all kinds of craft items, toys, party stuff, home decorations…it’s called The Flower Factory, and it’s at www.flowerfactory.com.

Then we went home and got my husband and went up and looked at our new house! They’re coming along! Then we went and got ice cream, and by this time my stomach was not feeling well. At the ice cream place it got worse and worse (you know I’m sick when I’m not eating my ice cream). Then we went home and I tried to get some sleep. I was up the whole night…and I have no idea what it was! It had been hours since we had finished dinner. But it doesn’t matter because I woke up feeling 100% better!

So we pack up some boxes in the basement, and I’m getting ready to go out and lay in the sun and the phone rings. They want to schedule a showing, for Sunday between 10:00 and 11:00. Perfect…we’ll be at church then, so it works out. The problem is that the last time our cleaning guy was supposed to come my sister was sick, so I called and wanted to reschedule, but he never gave me another time. So our house had not been cleaned in 1 month. Now of course, I have mopped the kitchen floor a couple of times, and we have done some other things, but we haven’t done any real dirty work. So since we had a showing, there was no time for lying in the sun, it was time to clean. So I did, until it was time to get ready to go to our friend’s wedding.

The wedding was the most laid-back wedding that I had ever been to…it was beautiful and classy, but at the same time, it was so relaxed. We took our daughter with us and the whole time she just kept asking us when it was time to dance. She was so adorable! And being at the “loser” table wasn’t so bad…we got to eat with the photographers who we found out have kids the same age gap as our kids, only they are 2 and 1 month! So we had a lot to talk about over dinner. It was just really weird because we have never been to a wedding where we didn’t know anyone. We know the bride and groom really well, but that’s it. And what’s horrible, is the only way we know them at all is because I lived with the groom’s ex-girlfriend of 5 years in college. They broke up a couple of years ago, and I’ve stayed in contact with both of them. My husband became good friends with Chris – they played basketball and football together. It was weird sitting at the wedding thinking that just 4 years ago we were sure that Steph and Chris were going to get married someday…she talked about it. But how things change in just a couple of years. We only stayed until 9:00, and then we went home because our daughter didn’t have much of a nap that day, and we still had a lot of cleaning to do.

Yesterday was very relaxing….we went to church ready to teach, but we had no kids show up! It was promotion Sunday last week, so our list went down to like 7 kids (it was a list of about 30 kids), and none of them showed up, so we got to go to the service, which was nice. Then we went shopping for a new blower and weed eater…yippee! Home Depot really bores me, yet we seem to spend a lot of time there (and the kids like to drive in the big orange cars). Then we went to lunch, and then home to do some yard work. I mainly got to play with the kids while my husband did some work, but it was just a very slow-paced day. Oh, and would you like evidence that my kids think I’m the coolest mom and most of you out there will probably think I’m a bad mom?

1.) I taught my 3 year-old how to stand on the swing and then swing herself, and
2.) I encouraged my 1 year-old to completely climb up the slide all by himself! Hey, at least I don’t have to worry about him trying to climb the ladder!


Nothing too exciting this weekend, but it was very relaxing and I hate that I’m back at work on a Monday. Hopefully though the next couple of days should start getting busier and busier, and I’m really looking forward to that because it’s gotten kind of boring around here. I work better when I have tight deadlines, so when those don’t exist I get bored pretty easily. I could really use a nap right now and it’s only 10:30 in the morning.

Oh, and I decided that I really need to lose at least 10 lbs. before vacation in the middle of August. So I was looking online for appetite suppressants (because 1.) that’s my problem, I’m always hungry, and 2.) I’m done nursing now so I can take whatever I want!), and I found these pills that 60 Minutes and the Today Show did segments on. They have Hoodia in them, and supposedly that’s a plant grown in Africa that suppresses the appetite. The 60 minutes lady tried them and she said she wasn’t hungry the rest of the day. So being the sucker that I am, I ordered them, and hopefully they should be here early this week….I’ll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Amy W said...

I am going to teach my daughter the standing on the swing thing tonight!

Happy Working Mom said...

Good For you! She does it all the time now and each time she's so proud of herself for being able to get up and down by herself!