Friday, January 27, 2017

Still Going!

Good Morning!
So I would definitely consider yesterday (Wednesday) another success!  The day started with the big kids going off to school and the little boys getting ready without any fighting.  I have a step class at the gym that I like to go to on Wednesday mornings, and lately it's gotten really crowded, so I needed to get there early to get a spot.  So for the first time I had Colton walk to school with Ryan without me.  I put myself above my thoughts of what a "perfect" parent should do.

After my class, I headed home for a super fast shower because I wanted to head over to the other side of the city and hit a furniture store that was closing along with another very large furniture store that was over there.  I only had about 3 hours until the kids would be home, so I had to move fast!  On my way out of my town, Kylie texted me telling me that she was crying and there was drama with her friends.  Now in the past, I would have immediately gotten angry at the fact that my afternoon plans appeared to be messed up, as well become emotionally involved in her drama, which would have led to me trying to fix the problems and give her all kinds of "advice."  Instead, I pulled the car into the next neighborhood I came to and parked.  I continued texting with her for a little bit and told her that I would come and get her if she really needed me to, but that I needed to run some errands so she had better tell me quickly what she wants to do.  In the end, she stayed at school and I continued on my drive with only a 15 minute delay.

The rest of the day was good...I got home right before the big kids got home from school and gave Kylie lots of hugs.  I worked with Josh on his homework and started making dinner.  All of these things lately had been driving me crazy.  I was sick of "mom" jobs, but I felt more like my old self and it felt great!

No comments: