Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Day 1 & 2 :)

OK, so while I didn't get to complete my Bible study homework yesterday, I was able to watch the video teaching, which was better than nothing.  It's amazing how if I'm really watching, I can clearly see how satan does everything he can to distract me.

I started my day relaxed...nothing hurried, nothing rushed.  I was going to the gym but I wouldn't let that feeling of "I have to get out of this house right now" creep in...I took my time and got a bunch of stuff done around the house.  Lesson #1 learned, I should have done my Bible study before going to the gym, but alas, I didn't.

As the day went on, I went to the gym and then went to a couple of stores looking for chairs for some rooms that I'm going to have painted.  I was very relaxed!  Then my sister called me to say that she was coming into town (I had offered to watch my niece if she did so she could go and look for cars).  Again, I carefully did not rush, I finished my errands, came home and got ready.  Wouldn't you know it that as soon as I sat down to my computer to do the Bible study, she pulls in?  So the rest of the day was spent with my adorable little niece and then taking care of the kids when they got home from school :)

However, even though I was not able to do my Bible study, I was able to practice "loving patiently" successfully all day...until last night :(  But even then I came out of it on the higher end.  There was a series of events (as it always happens) where my daughter said a very hurtful thing to me, Colton didn't listen, I slammed my finger in the drawer, and then Colton didn't listen again.  I lost it!  But then I calmed myself down and was able to watch a TV show with Josh and then talk to John about the whole thing when he got home from baseball with Ryan.

Today was a different story!  While I started a lot of things around the house (laundry, cleaning the kitchen, etc.), I sat down throughout the day and worked on yesterday's homework and today (so I'm caught up!).  I had one of Colton's friends come over so he has been pretty entertained all day - I've only had to feed them and occasionally help them out with something.

What I learned in Bible Study:
Day 1:
1.) There are two words for life used in the Bible: bios and zoe.  Bios refers to physical life and zoe refers to looking to the fullness of life (the fullness of God). These two types of life are a "both and" not an "either or."
2.) Go allows us to experience spiritual hunger because he wants us to desperately need AND want Him.
3.) Good verse to remember:
Matthew 6:33
But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
4.) My declaration: I have to stop expecting to feel fulfilled by people in this physical world!

Day 2:
1.) Feeding the 5,000 - this is the only miracle that is talked about in all four gospels.
2.) This is the miracle performed right before Jesus' I Am statement that He is the bread of life...His disciples still don't really understand who He is and what He is capable of doing!

So far today I think I have done a really great job of "loving patiently" again!  I am beyond amazed at how "easy" it has been.  I say that in quotes because I know it's only "easy" because I prayed for this and John is praying for me...there is no other way to even begin to explain the complete shift in feelings from one night to the next morning.  When I depend on God, good things happen!

'Til tomorrow!

No comments: